Announcing Hydra Managed BYOC Early Access
Today we’re announcing Hydra managed DB on your own AWS account (Bring Your Own Cloud “BYOC”). Using your own AWS environment offers some great benefits:
- You have full control and ownership over your data, including backups.
- Run in your own AWS VPC with private network isolation. Link the VPC to other applications and services.
- Plug-n-play with existing infrastructure account & billing.
- Audit logs all in one place.
- Use your AWS credits to run Hydra.
You may find that using your own AWS account helps you in your compliance goals.
With Hydra Managed BYOC you get the best of both worlds. All features available on Hydra Cloud are available for your BYOC setup. Meaning you will get access to:
- Provisioning from the Hydra Dashboard
- Automated backups, 7 day retention
- Managed upgrades
- High Availability (HA)
- Point-in-time recovery (PITR)
- Scale-out storage
- Columnar analytics store
- Monitoring and alerting
As an added benefit, you can apply your existing AWS credits to the underlying cost of hosting the infrastructure, reducing overall cost by ~50%.
To gain access to the feature reach out to our sales team. To get started we'd walk you through the steps.
- You create an IAM role for Hydra. This is how we are able to access your AWS account.
- We run Terraform automations to deploy the environment for you (about 1 hour).
- Provision your warehouse from the Hydra Dashboard. The compute, storage, and backups are all provisioned with your AWS account.
- Start using Hydra!
This deployment method is in Early Access, some features may require further development.
To continue to provide updates to your database instance we'll need the IAM role to allow us access.